Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Elven Dress

Here's a funny story for you. I bought my tickets for the Hobbit and got all dressed up last night. Our tickets said "12:00 am thursday". The time changes at midnight so naturally we thought it was last night we got to see the movie. Wrong... It's tonight. We got to the theater and it was almost empty. 
At least we had a dry run for the movie. Dress rehearsal right?

We took some late night pictures to show off our handiwork at least. 
Here's my sister's dress. She made it from Simplicity 9891 (I think). I love the fabric its a beautiful lilac color that turns into a dark purple. Got to love ombre. 

I finally made my dress elven dress. You can't tell in the picture but its a beautiful eggplant taffeta (taffeta is normally on my yuck list). The dress was really easy to make. Well, it took an hour to just hem the thing. Over all it took two days to sew (thats including breaks because of finals). I used Butterick 4827. I added the bell sleeves, and redrafted the neckline. which I LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment